Reply To: Kit Rooms

Home Forum General Discussions Kit Rooms Reply To: Kit Rooms

m
Dan Studley

Hi Charlie,

In terms of applying for any kit room position; if you don’t have any real world experience to build off, I would always recommend applying for a junior role either as a driver or lower skilled position and using the kit room company’s in-house training scheme to work your way up the ladder. The real world skills that you’ll observe and learn going through the process (although sometimes tedious and frustrating) really do give you a great base for your career.

I work at Procam Take 2 so I am slightly biased, however the techs and assistants that come through our doors really do get a great knowledge and it’s always great to see them flourish.

To echo Javier’s comments, approaching a company directly either on the phone, website or HR will get you in. I’d suggest researching the types of equipment that the company hires out and the types of shows that they support so you can narrow down your search to your chosen career. The industry is crying out for more people so once you know where you want to go, get in contact and hopefully the rest fill follow.

Good luck!
Dan